Noon – 7 PM, Saturday, November 10
As Delaware County Subgroup Coordinator it is my honor to reactivate an old tradition—AN ALL MEMBERS OPEN HOUSE.
This is a low key and FREE event for all members to come and mingle with other Mensans; to discuss things with your duly elected Executive Committee (ExComm) members; or to just simply hang out. Prior to the open house there will be an official ExComm meeting at 11 AM that is open to all DVM members. This is your chance to see how DVM is run and to voice your opinion or concerns. All members of DVM are invited to all ExComm meetings.
All Mensa members, new and old, and their families and invited guests are welcome to attend the Open House. Lunch and interesting munchies will be served to entice you to attend. Please let us know in advance of any food allergies – we will have gluten free and dairy free stuff and plenty of chocolate, of course!
Highlights, topics for discussion, and just random thoughts about this Open House:
- For your perusal, there will be copies of old issues of Proteus which, years ago, DVM members lovingly collated, labelled, and prepared for mailing. (Many of you may remember these fun, working sessions.)
- We can discuss the upcoming scholarship program which begins September 15 and let you know how you can help your friends and their college-age children to apply for awards of up to $1000.
- For those of you who have, are, or know of a gifted child, our Gifted Children’s Coordinator, Joe Neff, will be there to answer questions and discuss ideas for events. If you have an idea for an event, for example, a museum with a unique or educational exhibit, we can talk about how to make that a Mensa event.
- If you want to be part of a DVM movie group, let us know and we can plan to see the latest movie at one of those new-fangled movie houses (with or without food).
- If you have an interest or idea, we can figure out how to make it into an event. In the past few years we have had several museum trips, Philadelphia Union Football (Soccer), Mann Music Center concerts, arboretum visits, Phillies and minor league baseball games, and Escape Room events, to name a few.
- And, of course, we have board games!
Mensa is a great group. Friendships are formed here that last a lifetime. You can always find someone with similar interests or a unique point-of-view. And you can always learn something new! Come to this open house and help Mensa work for you!
Please RSVP to email@example.com or 610.521.6701 so that we can plan the food accordingly. There is lots of free on-street parking and we are a short walk from the Ridley Park Regional Rail Station. We have one non-allergenic (for most!) cat. Smoking outside only.
Joy Rogers Gomez-Farrow